Program Contact: Kevin Anderson
Department Chair: Michael Dixon
CIS - Online and hybrid course offerings
CIS - Applications - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Core - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Networking - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Programming - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Security - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Web - Schedule of Classes
The Network Administration Degree and Certificate of Achievement provides the skills needed in the networking environment. Focus is on the knowledge and skills required for day-to-day operation and management of computer networks. The Network Administration Degree and Certificate of Achievement prepare students for entry-level positions in computer network administration.
Networking skills and experience are needed for network technical support staff, network administrators, network designers, network troubleshooters, and information systems security specialists. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2008-2018) figures, job demands in these areas will grow a phenomenal 53.4% annually and will continue to exceed the number of available and trained workers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate competency in Windows operating system terminology and commands, account management, and file management and storage.
- construct and implement computer network systems by applying the steps of the network design model working individually or in a team.
- demonstrate working knowledge of principles in computer networking and data management, information systems security, or web server administration, depending on the electives chosen.
- define best practices for configuring network operating system services.
- analyze and apply directory services group policy settings at the Organizational Unit (OU), domain, site, or local machine level.
Associate in Science Degree
The Network Administration Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better.