PC Support

Certificate of Achievement (COA)

With the rapid expansion of computers into all aspects of society, there is a growing need for technicians with a broad range of knowledge in computer applications to install, maintain, and support computers and the networks that they utilize. Students earning this certificate are prepared to acquire entry-level positions in computer support. Employers hiring students earning this certificate will immediately benefit from the skills the students bring to their jobs.

Career Opportunities

Career opportunities for students earning the PC Support Certificate include entry level positions in the following areas: Technical Salesperson, Help Desk Support Technician, Systems Analyst, Data Entry Personnel, Assistant Documentation Specialist and Assistant Trainer. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2008-2018) figures, job demands in these areas will grow 22.9% annually and will continue to exceed the number of available and trained workers.

Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:

  • compose clear, grammatically-correct documents related to business.
  • design electronic spreadsheets useful in making decisions.
  • design, install, and maintain a local area network.
  • design presentation graphics.
  • construct and implement web pages, including links, graphics, and text.
  • demonstrate understanding of the basic components of data communications.
  • analyze and troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems.
  • apply database software to organize information for decision-making.
  • demonstrate competency in basic operating systems terminology, commands, and functions.
  • demonstrate competence in the Internet related to searches, email, and security.
  • demonstrate competence in formatting text using word processing software.


 Certificate of Achievement

The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.

Candidates for degree/certificate must initiate a petition with the Admission and Records Office or apply online.