CIS - Online and hybrid course offerings
CIS - Applications - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Core - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Networking - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Programming - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Security - Schedule of Classes
CIS - Web - Schedule of Classes
The programming certificate provides the basic proficiencies required of computer programmers for entry-level software technician positions or further study in Computer Science.
Although programmer and programmer-analyst opportunities will decrease by approximately 3% by 2018, other programming-related positions will increase. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2008-2018) figures, demand for software designers, systems analysts, database administrators, and software testers will grow 34% annually and will continue to exceed the number of available and trained workers.
IT Career Path: Becoming a Programmer in 5 Steps
President Obama tries an Hour of Code
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- analyze information processing requirements using structured or object oriented software development methodologies.
- design structured or object oriented software systems.
- build structured or object oriented software systems.
- evaluate software systems for conformance to system requirements.
- document program or systems requirements or present written analyses.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better.