First Time in College
BEFORE you can meet with a counselor, you MUST first complete the following steps
NEW! Appointments can be scheduled online. See YELLOW button to the left.
Limited Same-Day Appointments
There are a limited number of sessions each day that are scheduled until full.
- Scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can schedule online using the yellow button to the left, call us, or come in on the same-day, to schedule.
- Counselor availability may fill up early in the day. Late arrivals may be asked to return another day.
- Students must be present when their name is called.
- If not present when your name is called, you will be removed from the list.
Appointments Scheduled in Advance
Some matters just take more time. Appointments scheduled in advance are required for the following:
- Evaluation of transcripts from Los Rios or other colleges
- Develop a multi-semester iSEP (Individual Student Education Plan) also known as a comprehensive iSEP.
- Discuss career and transfer options or personal matters.
- Veterans’ Services – education related
Appointments are scheduled up to two-weeks in advance, except during peak periods at the beginning of each semester. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD. Please use the yellow button (to the left) to schedule or call 916-558-2204. Appointments fill up fast so please schedule early for the best choice of days and times.
Meet Online with a Counselor
FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR COMPUTER
This kind of appointment is held entirely online, from wherever you are. It does NOT involve an office visit.
Note: You will need the following:
- a desktop or laptop computer to participate – Smart phones and tablets are incompatible at this time.
- a working webcam
- a working microphone
Appointments are limited to open office hours.