Welcome to Sacramento City College!
If this is your very first time in college, below are the next important steps in completing the pre-enrollment process. After completing Application, you may then sign up for an Orientation/First Time in College (FTIC) Counseling Workshop.
NOTE: Your placements in English and Math courses are based on your high school records.
All first-time-in-college students are required to attend an FTIC Workshop. These workshops are offered by Sacramento City College Staff who will provide an overview of services and technical information followed by Counselors who will assist you in planning for your first semester of classes at Sacramento City College. It is imperative to complete this step to achieve priority enrollment status.
- Only first time in college students who have never attended college should attend the FTIC Counseling Workshops.
- (Returning students or students from other colleges click HERE
- All students who register the workshop must have a current Application on file.
- Students must not have any holds on their account.
- Students must bring AP or IB scores with them–at least be prepared to tell the Counselor that you have or are waiting for AP results.
- Also let us know if you have taken Advanced Education courses while in high school
What Can I Expect from My First Time in College Counseling Workshop?
During the FTIC Counseling workshop, you will put together a first-semester education plan (iSEP) with a counselor. iSEP are required for new students in order to receive Priority Registration, and will help assist you in determining appropriate classes you can take your first term. FTIC Counseling workshops will cover general education requirements, major preparation, pre and co-requisites, class search, and college resources. Each session will take approximately 1.5 hours.
Follow-Up Counseling Services
You are strongly encouraged to meet with your Counselor throughout your first year to plan your career path. Your Counselor will work with you to create a detailed educational plan that will provide you with required courses, the correct sequence of courses and information, such as college resources and suggested referrals. You will receive important dates to apply for graduation and/or transfer. Come with all your questions This is YOUR plan!