Frequently-asked questions about the Davis Center


How do I apply for admission to the Davis Center?

The application is available online. Select the Sacramento City College application. There is no charge for applying.

I’m a senior in high school and I’ve heard I can take classes at the Davis Center. Is this true?

Yes.  Qualified high school students can enroll concurrently at the Davis Center while attending high school.  Download the Advanced Education Application and follow the step by step directions. Check our High School Students website or see your high school counselor for more information.

Is my personal application information kept private and confidential?

Your personal information is protected by the Federal law called FERPA – or Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.  While some of this information is defined as “Directory Information” (examples would be name, mailing address, dates of attendance, degrees received, etc.), and may be released under this law, SCC takes a conservative approach and only releases this information with the written permission of the student, or to Federal and State agencies or their representatives by State or Federal law may gather this information.

Student Social Security numbers are highly confidential and rarely used.  They are not printed on any distributed documents except those required by State or Federal law for financial aid, the Internal Revenue Service, and/or other State or federally mandated programs.  Contact Admissions & Records for more information.

Do I have to apply each semester?

No. Students who are continuing do not submit a new application – they do, however, submit a Supplemental Enrollment Form each semester to update records.  This is done on eServices.

I took classes at SCC but it has been awhile. Do I need to reapply?

Yes.  If it has been more than one semester since you took classes at SCC (or any other college in the Los Rios district), you must reapply before you can register for classes.  Your ID number will always stay the same.

Assessment / Placement

Do I take any tests to get into college?

Students can take the English as a Second Language (ESL) and Chemistry placements at the Davis Center. English and Math Placement tests are no longer being offered at Sacramento City College beginning February 1, 2019.

Please visit the Assessment Center website for the latest information and study guides.


Registration & Refunds

When may I register for classes?

After completing an application or a supplemental enrollment form, you may check your eServices for your enrollment appointment date.  Registration is divided between Priority1, Priority 2, Priority 3, and Open Registration.  To view the enrollment period dates go to the Registration Dates web page.

Note:  Students are assigned an appointment date and time within their priority registration period.  Students may not register prior to their assigned appointment, but can register anytime after their date and time.

What is eServices?

eServices is your own account (student portal) where you can:

  • Add or Drop Classes
  • Pay for Classes
  • Print Unofficial Transcripts or Order Official Transcripts
  • Print Proof of Enrollment
  • Print Assessment Results
  • Order Parking Passes
  • And much more

How do I get a refund?

To be eligible for an enrollment fee refund, classes must be dropped by appropriate deadline dates.  It is the student’s responsibility to drop the class as well as submit a refund application.  Refund applications must be submitted by the last day of the semester or term.  Refunds DO NOT carry over to the next semester. You can request a refund via the Online Fee Refund Application.  Checks will be mailed to your address on file within eight weeks.

Counseling & Financial Aid

Are counselors available at the Davis Center?

Counseling is available by appointment, during most weekdays.  To schedule an appointment, stop by the Davis Center front desk or call 530-747-5200.

Does the Davis Center have a financial aid office?

No, but a representative from Financial Aid is available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, stop by the Davis Center front desk or call 530-747-5200.

Library & Book Sales

Is there a library at the Davis Center?

We have a LRC (Learning Resource Center) located in room DAC-215 at the Davis Center, where you can study, check out text books and print/make copies.  Computers are available or you may bring your laptop and use Wi-Fi.  The UC Davis University Library is available to our students as well as the Yolo County Library.

Does the Davis Center sell books?

  1. Textbooks can be bought online and picked up at the Davis Center for no extra cost during business hours.
  2. After placing the order, it will take at least three (3) days before your order will be ready for pickup.
  3. To pickup your order, you will need to have a valid photo ID and your receipt.

Note: All returns and buybacks must be made at the main campus College Store in Sacramento.

How do I know which books to buy?

Look for a Textbook link on the right side of each class in the online class schedule, or check the “Textbook Information” link on the SCC College Store website. Staff is also available to assist you at the bookstore.


Where do I park at the Davis Center?

The Davis Center has a designated parking lot, on the West side of the building. A valid LRCCD/SCC semester parking pass or daily parking pass is required.  Please be aware that street parking is UC Davis property which is not included for Davis Center students.

Where do I buy a semester parking pass?

You can buy a semester parking pass either on your eServices or at the front desk in the Davis Center. Daily passes are available at the Davis Center front desk.

Do I need to purchase separate semester parking passes if I attend more than one location?

No. One semester parking pass is valid for every location in the Los Rios district.  For example, an SCC parking permit can be used at ARC. Note: Daily parking permits, however, are only valid at the campus where purchased.

I have a disabled placard for my car. Do I need to purchase a parking permit?

Yes. Semester parking permits or daily permits are required for all vehicles. The disabled placard or license plate allows the student to park in the designated disabled parking areas, but all students must purchase a permit in order to park a vehicle on campus.

General Information

How many units must I take to be a full-time student?

A full-time student must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units during the fall and spring semesters.  In the summer, full-time status is generally 6 units, depending on the term length.

What is the maximum number of units I may take?

The district policy for the maximum number of units is 18 for fall and spring semesters (8 units is the maximum in the summer).  Students wishing to take more than 18 units during a semester must obtain approval from a counselor (using the Excess Unit petition and then enrolling in person at the counter).

What is the Student Access Card?

Your Student Access Card is your official College ID card, your college library card, your Go Print card, and your Public Transit card (with valid UTP sticker).  In addition, some stores and merchants in the area offer discounts to our students (check our website for stores).  You can get your picture taken and receive your Student Access Card by bringing in your photo ID to the LRC (DAC-215) after you have registered and paid for classes.

I see a charge on my account for UTP fee. What is that?

Students approved a Universal Transit Pass fee which allows students to use all public transit bus and light rail systems in Sacramento, Yolo, Folsom (other than Dial-A-Ride), El Dorado and Elk Grove.  This is a mandatory fee which is based on the number of units you are enrolled in.  The UTP sticker is available in early January for the spring semester and early August for the fall semester.  To get your sticker, bring your photo ID to the LRC.

Your sticker is affixed to your Student Access Card which validates your Card for transit use during specific terms.