Welcome to the Davis Center!
The Davis Center started in 1966 when we first offered Sacramento City College (SCC) classes in the city of Davis using Holmes Junior High and the First Southern Baptist Church. As the local program expanded, we moved to a temporary building on the grounds at Holmes Jr. High.
In 1989, we moved into a small building on B Street that was dedicated to our school. As the program grew further, we moved to our South Davis location on Galileo Court in 2001; which gave us more space in a convenient location. (Parking was always an issue.)
In January 2012, a brand new facility was opened in UCD’s West Village. The new building is double the size of the last one and allows us to expand in a state of the art learning environment. We’ve added a Learning Resource Center and computer lab, along with significant space for student services. The building is certified LEED Silver.
Phase two construction for our brand new facility was completed in August 2018. The expansion will include lab classrooms, improving science offerings and general education completion for students. In addition to more student services being offered as a result of the new space, a lounge area was also added for students usage.
Davis Center Office
Davis Center Office Hours
During Semester Breaks
Davis Center Staff
- Dean: Andrea Gaytan
- Email: email@example.com
- Educational Center Supervisor: Jacek Kozikowski
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Assistant: Diana Daniels
- Email: email@example.com
- Student Personnel Assistant: Luz Vazquez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Personnel Assistant: Tammi Driver
- Email: email@example.com
- Outreach Clerk: Alexandra Ramirez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructional Assistant: Mikaela Ciofi-Huang
- Email: email@example.com
Our Mission Statement
The Davis Educational Center primarily serves students from Davis and the local region, providing a bridge to the programs, services and culture of Sacramento City College’s main campus. We provide the greatest range of student services possible and we provide students with a quality higher education program in their community; this is green on many levels. We emphasize personal service, accessibility, and easy access to faculty, staff, and administrators. We encourage personal initiative and responsibility in our students. Our program emphasizes transfer-oriented courses, but we also offer courses for career and technical education and for personal enrichment. Wherever possible we encourage green consciousness (curriculum and practices) and global awareness.
Davis Center & West Village
This mixed-use community with an educational focus builds on the longstanding partnership between UC Davis and Los Rios Community College District. The partnership has pioneered programs that have become models for other UC campuses, including a transfer program that gives qualified community college transfer applicants written guarantees of admission to UC Davis.
The Davis Center is the first permanent community college center built on a University of California campus.
- 15,000 square feet
- 12 classrooms
- Learning Resource Center
- Administrative offices
- 2,000 students
- Sustainable Design: LEED Silver
- Groundbreaking: Summer 2010
- Open: Spring 2012
- Funded by: Local bond
- Architect: Stafford King Wiese
The West Village is the nation’s largest planned zero net energy community in the United States, made possible by an innovative public-private partnership.
- Designed to be a home for up to 3000 students and 500 staff and faculty families
- Nearly $7.5 million in federal and state energy research grants
- At build-out, the project will include 663 apartments, 343 single-family homes, 42,500 square feet of commercial space, a recreation center and study facilities
- University Hub (or “uHub”) is home to the campus’ energy research centers, and a prototype for future campus innovation hubs. The hubs will enhance interactions among campus research centers, the university and the private sector.
- More info: UC Davis West Village
09/30/2015 – “New Building Planned for Davis Center Will Help Students …”
01/25/2012 – “Sacramento City College Center opens on campus” [link expired]
01/13/2012 – “UC Davis West Village welcomes community college”
10/24/2011 – “UC Davis West Village touts zero net energy living”
08/23/2010 – “West Village to provide space for Sacramento City College” [link expired]