Upon completion of the dental hygiene program the student should be able to:
- Use evidence-based care to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate dental hygiene treatment for a diverse population based on their total needs.
- Incorporate and apply professional, ethical, legal and regulatory concepts to oral health care services, community projects, and professional activities.
- Integrate and apply health literacy and culturally competent communication skills to oral health care services, academic endeavors, community projects, and professional activities.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate community-based oral health projects.
- Successfully complete written and clinical examinations for dental hygiene licensure and certification
- Apply critical thinking and self-assessment skills to enhance learning, research, patient care, professional growth, and continued competency.