As an international student, please contact our international center (IntlCtr@scc.losrios.edu). Once they tell you that you can register as an international student, you can register as follows:
As a CA resident, you can follow these steps below to register as a Sacramento City College student and then register for the correct ESL classes.
Please follow the “Steps to Success” below, and on our website:
- Online application
- Online orientation(this is not so important, you can can delay this; the assessment is more important)
- Take the assessmenttest in person. Here is a link to the assessment website. You will have to contact them for ESL assessment times. Currently, they are listed as Wednesdays from 8:30, but this will change in April.
After you get the results of your assessment test (in usually less than a week):
- Meet with a counselor — Leonela Lepe, Jamil Malik, Anh Ngugen, or Dinh Bui all work directly with our students and can help you register.
- Sign up for an orientation (coming soon!)
- Register for classes (here are the links to our class Schedule, click on “SCC Main Campus” then ESLL, ESLR, ESLW, and ESL to see our classes, and here is a link for fees.
If you have more questions about our program or classes at any point, please email the ESL chair Duane Leonard, (email@example.com) or make an appointment to talk with me (916 558-2089).
Thank you for thinking about ESL at Sacramento City College!
Duane Leonard, PhD — ESL Faculty and Department Chair