Sacramento Marriott, Rancho Cordova –
The Interest Based Approach:
IBA is a communication and conflict resolution process, which focuses on core interests rather than set positions. IBA values personal relationships over problems and seeks to generate creative solutions that meet common interests through consensus-based decisions. IBA is part of the Los Rios Community College District’s culture. Los Rios promotes the interest-based approach as the preferred way to do business in the District. IBA is utilized for union negotiations, conflicts on campus, facilitating meetings, and more productive problem-solving with students, colleagues, and even family members.
Who Should Attend:
- Faculty, Classified Staff, Supervisors, and Managers
Why You Should Go:
- Gain conflict resolution skills that work
- Learn to identify core interests
- Complete this training to prepare for other key roles
- Get to know colleagues on a first-name basis (no last names, job titles, or work locations)
- Train off-site without work distractions
- Meals and overnight rooms (if requested) are provided by the District
Feel free to contact Valerie Carrigan if you have any questions.