California College Promise Grant (CCPG) is a fee waiver for eligible students to assist with the enrollment fees ($46/unit).
[This waiver was formerly Board of Governors or BOG Fee Waiver.]
To receive this assistance, students must complete a Fee Waiver Application or must have applied for financial aid through the FAFSA or the California Dream Application, and be a California resident or eligible AB 540 student. You must re-apply each year starting with the summer.
Choose one of the options below:
OPTION 1 is the SCC preferred application method.
*See California Dream Act for Parents & Students. Students must qualify for AB540 status at SCC by submitting the AB540 California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request.
CCPG Academic Standards
Students must meet California College Promise Grant academic standards. All grades will be used to determine CCPG eligibility.
Any combination of two primary consecutive terms (Fall and Spring) of cumulative GPA below 2.0, and/or cumulative course completion less than 50% may result in loss of fee waiver eligibility.
You’ll be notified within 30 days of the end of each term if you are being placed on either Academic (GPA) and/or Progress (Course Completion) probation. Your notification will include the information that a second term of probation will result in loss of fee waiver eligibility. After the second consecutive term of probation, you may lose eligibility for the fee waiver at your next registration opportunity.
CCPG Additional Links
Loss of Priority Registration & CCPG Fee Waiver Appeal Form (formerly named BOG Fee Waiver)
Methods of Qualification
To qualify you must be a California resident or eligible AB 540 student and meet one of the following three criteria:
Supporting Documentation Required
You or your family are:
- receiving public assistance from the Aid to Families with Dependent Children, or
- receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (AFDC/TANF/CalWORKs), or
- receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or
- have certification from the California Department of Veterans’ Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General for a Dependent’s Fee Waiver, or
- are a Dependent of or a Recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, or
- are a Dependent of a Victim of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack.
Supporting Documentation Not Required
|Number in Household|
|Total Family Income (adjusted gross income and/or untaxed income)|
|2016 Tax Year|
(Sum 2018-Spr 2019)
|2017 Tax Year|
(Sum 2019-Spr 2020)
|Each additional family member||add 6,270||add $6,480|
Must have filed a 2018-2019 FAFSA application or a California Dream Act Application for Sum 18-Spr 19
Must have filed a 2019-2020 FAFSA application or a California Dream Act Application Sum 19-Spr 20
You have applied for financial aid and have been determined to have a unmet need by the Federal Government. A Minimum Unmet Need of 1,104 is required. For more information please come to the Financial Aid Office.
Special Classifications of Enrollment Fee Waivers
Supporting Documentation Required
- You have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or,
- You have certification from the National Guard Adjutant General for a dependent’s fee waiver or,
- You are a dependent of or a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor or,
- You are a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack or,
- You are a dependent of a deceased law enforcement/fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty