We are committed to your success and will waive your tuition fees for the first year.*
No income requirement or limitations!
Be a California resident (AB 540/AB 2000 eligible).
Just enroll in a minimum of 12 units up to a maximum of 18 units per semesters (12 unit course load for both Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters).*
In addition to your SCC courses, you can enroll in courses at other Los Rios Community Colleges (ARC, CRC, FLC) and your tuition fees will be waived (12-18 units)
West Sacramento resident? Please apply for the West Sacramento College Promise.
Fall 2018 deadline
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Spring 2019 deadline
Friday, January 11, 2019
Follow These Steps to a Tuition-Free First Year
Starting Fall 2018
- Fill out an application for SCC and follow the “Steps to Success”.
- Fill out the FAFSA application or the Dream Act application.
- Must be enrolled and/or waitlisted in a minimum of 12 units per semester as of August 15, 2018 for Fall 2018 semester and January 11, 2019 for Spring 2019 semester.
- Students who meet the criteria above will automatically receive the SCC Tuition Free Promise and their tuition fees will be waived. If you have paid your fees and are eligible for a SCC Tuition Free Promise please complete a refund request.
*Students will still need to pay for parking, transportation, textbooks, and/or other fees.
Our Commitment to You
Sacramento City College will provide you with the following resources:
- Offer the first year of tuition-free college for students attending SCC and/or other Los Rios Colleges as a full-time student (12-18 units per semester Fall 18/Spring 19)
- Free Summer Experience designed to help you transition to SCC
- Assigned a dedicated academic counselor to develop an academic plan
- First-year Cohort will participate in engagement and connection activities (promise BBQ, socials, reception, etc..)
- Provide Success and Financial Wellness Workshops
|Type of Cost||Does Promise Cover?||Student Pays||College Pays|
|Enrollment Fees/Tuition||Yes||$0||$552-$828 per semester (12-18 Units)|
|UTP PASS (Transit)||No||$25||$0|
|Student Rep Fee||No||$1||$0|
|Student Health Services Fee||No||$20||$0|