- Do I have to pay the Student Health Fee in order to register for classes?
All students must pay the Student Health Fee unless they are exempt according to district policy
- Do I have to pay the Student Health Fee if I already have health insurance?
Yes. The Student Health Fee does not replace insurance but provides services to address common health issues that typically prevent students from succeeding in college. These services will be convenient and more affordable for those with and without their own health insurance and encourage students to maintain their health and take care of health issues before they become a barrier to learning.
- Does the Promise Grant cover the Health Fee?
- How often will I be charged a health fee?
Spring and Fall semester
- What do I get for my $20 at SCC?
Services below are free or at a discount for current Los Rios students. All services requiring an additional fee are designated by an *.
- Urgent care
- Cuts and scrapes
- Pet Therapy AAMHI
- Rest area for illness
- Sexually transmitted illness and HIV testing and treatment
- Prescriptions for birth control
- Pregnancy testing
If you have suggestions for future services we welcome your feedback at SCC-HealthServices@scc.losrios.edu