Beacon tutors are Sacramento City College students who…
- are enrolled in at least 6 units
- work directly with an instructor and the students in one or more of the instructor’s classes.
Beacon tutors are paid up to 5 hours per week:
- one-hour consulting with the instructor
- one hour preparing for group sessions
- one hour attending the instructor’s class
- two hours facilitating a group setting.
- instructors choose experienced or qualified students who have performed well in their class
- students submit an instructor-endorsed application before the announced deadline (usually near the end of the prior semester)
- the Beacon coordinator reviews applications, hires, and oversees all Beacon tutors