Who Can Check Out Books
- You must be a current student (enrolled in classes in the current semester) or employee to check out books or other items.
- Community users can purchase a borrower’s card at the Circulation Desk.
- To check out books, you need to bring your Student Access Card (ID).
- Employees should bring an LRCCD employee ID card.
- All books and videos are listed in OneSearch.
- When you find an item, you will see the location, the call number, and the status. These are the keys to finding a book; you need to know if it’s available or checked out, which part of the library it’s in, and what the call number is.
Borrowing limits indicate how many library items you can check out at a time. You may check out the following number of each type of library material:
|Circulating Media (DVD’s, Videos etc.)||3|
|2-Hour Reserve Items||2|
|1-, 3-, 7-, and 14-Day Reserve Items||2|
|1-Semester Reserve Items||2|
Loan periods indicate how long you can borrow a library item. Loan periods range from two hours to three weeks depending on the item. All library materials are due back by the last day of the semester.
|Circulating Books||3 Weeks|
|Circulating Media (DVD’s, Videos etc.)||1 Week|
|Periodicals (Newspapers, Magazines, etc.)||Use in library only|
|Reference Materials (Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Atlases etc.) from Reference Section||Use in library only|
|Reserve Materials||Varies (2 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 7 days or 1 semester)|
Note: If you do not know when your library item is due, sign in to your Library Account.
Requests & Holds
- OneSearch lists books from all Los Rios Libraries (ARC, CRC, EDC, FLC, SCC).
- Click the Request button to have a book delivered to the location of your choice. (This includes SCC’s Davis and West Sacramento Centers.) You will be notified when the item is ready to be picked up.
- If you request an item that is held at the SCC library, it will be brought to the Circulation Desk where you can pick it up. Please allow a few hours for this process.
- If you request an item that is currently checked out, you will be next in line for the book, and will be notified when it is ready to be picked up.
- Some items, such as reserves and reference books, cannot be requested.
When a book is not held at any of the Los Rios Libraries, we can attempt to get it from a different library.
Find out more about Interlibrary Loan.
Renewing Library Materials
You may find you need to use an item a little longer. Here’s how library materials may be renewed.
|Circulating Books||The first renewal is automatic. After the first renewal you can renew online or in person as needed through the end of the current semester.*|
|Circulating Media (DVD’s, Videos etc.)||The first renewal is automatic. After the first renewal you can renew online or in person as needed through the end of the current semester.*|
|Reserve Items||No renewals are allowed.|
*Note: If another user requests an item you have borrowed, renewals will not be allowed and the item must be returned by the due date specified.
All items should be returned on or before the due date, and all items will be due by or before the end of the current semester.
- Circulating items may be returned to any Los Rios library.
- Reserve items must be returned to the library from which they were borrowed.