All Los Rios faculty, staff, students and volunteers who might drive a District vehicle must become an authorized driver. To become an authorized driver everyone must complete a DMV Record Release Form and an online Van Safety Course (includes all vehicles).
- Training and DMV documentation takes approximately 2 to 4 weeks for processing.
- Defensive Driving Course must be renewed every 3 years.
- DMV Record Release form must be renewed every 2 years.
For further District vehicle information see the Transportation Handbook (PDF).
If you are an authorized driver
Please Note (LRCCD Staff) To become an authorized driver or renew your status please follow the below instructions:
- Los Rios faculty and staff must complete the DMV Record Release and submit to Operations
- Go to Keenan Safe Colleges (KSC) and log in with your employee ID (without the W in front)
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Interested in Extra Training?” link
- Under Transportation Category select the course: Van Safety
There will be a quiz at the end of the course. You will know upon completing the quiz whether you have passed or not. If not, you are required to re-take the course and the quiz until successfully passing. Campus Operations will be notified upon your completion and passing of the course. Training and DMV documentation takes approximately 2 to 4 weeks for processing, in which case you will be added to the Authorized Drivers List.
All students and volunteers must complete a DMV Record Release and submit to Campus Operations.
To register for the Keenan Safe Colleges approval is required from the supervisor or Dean of the department requesting training. Please submit the Van Safety Course Registration Request below. Once approved you will receive an email containing instructions to self-register.
Scheduling A District Vehicle
If you are an authorized driver, you can schedule a vehicle by completing the form below and submitting to Operations.
We have several eight (8) passenger vans, one (1) mini van and one (1) car.
Vehicles are on a first come, first serve basis.