The Guided Pathways/Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) is a statewide collaborative effort to help advance the effective practices of the California Community Colleges.
In the process, we hope to significantly reduce the number of accreditation sanctions and state and federal audit issues.
IEPI will enhance the system’s ability to serve its students effectively and improve student success in measurable ways. An important focus of the initiative is to draw on the exceptional expertise and innovation that exists within the system in advancing effective practices and avoiding potential pitfalls.
The three primary components of the initiative are:
- a framework of indicators
- professional development
- technical assistance
As a college, we recognize and are distressed by the fact that too few of our students are achieving their educational goals; we commit to reversing this by increasing equity and effectiveness of how students move into, through, and out of Sacramento City College.
Guided Pathways help students by increasing equity and success through:
- Embedding intake processes into each pathway to help students clarify their goals for college and career
- Establishing clear roadmaps to guide students throughout their paths to their educational goals
- Contextualizing & Providing straightforward access to basic skills instruction with concurrent support for students who need it
- Providing easy access to advising and counseling, progress tracking, feedback, and support throughout a student’s entire educational journey