Working Together, Pursuing Excellence and Inspiring Achievement!
Spring 2019 Professional Development
Events are planned throughout the week. Please click on each specific day to view professional development opportunities. With respect to Equity related efforts, see Thursday and Friday. We look forward to your attendance and participation.
This spring Semester’s Theme- SCC Equity, Definition of Equity- “Equity refers to achieving parity in student success outcomes through the intentional design of the college experience.”
- The Equity events planned for Thursday, January 17, and Friday, January 18, are intended to further promote and operationalize President Gutierrez’s vision for SCC Equity 3.0 and serve as a foundation for other professional development events during the spring semester.
- To allow staff, managers, and administrators to participate in professional development activities on Thursday, January 17, and Friday, January 18, President Gutierrez has authorized staffing to be minimized.
- President Gutierrez requests that:
- all staff, faculty, managers, and administrators attend Thursday’s and Friday’s activities.
- on Friday, department chairs have rescheduled their department meetings (please check in with your division chair as to scheduled times) so that all faculty can participate in Friday afternoon’s facilitated group activity.
- area dean division meetings are scheduled for 3:40 p.m. on Friday, January 18.