Am I eligible to apply?
To apply you must have completed 6 or more units at SCC and be enrolled in 6 units for the spring 2019 semester. Some scholarships may have other requirements as well.
- I am an undocumented student. May I apply?
Yes. Undocumented students may apply for SCC scholarships as long as they meet the minimum requirements listed above.
- I am an International student. May I apply?
Yes. International students may apply for SCC scholarships as long as they meet the minimum requirements listed above.
- How many scholarships can I apply for?
There is no limit to how many you can apply for.
- Is there a limit to how many I can be awarded?
- Am I allowed to apply for other Los Rios scholarships that aren’t SCC (ex. ARC, FLC, CRC?)
You must meet the criteria at each college in order to apply for those college’s scholarships.
- Who should I ask to write my reference letter?
A SCC professor who can and will speak favorably to your abilities and attributes as a student in his/her classroom. A SCC counselor may also write a letter of recommendation.
- My reference hasn’t sent in their letter of recommendation yet. What do I do?
If you feel a sufficient amount of time has passed, the system gives you a way to send your reference a gentle reminder email.
- My applicant record isn’t correct. How do I fix that?
Please contact the SCC Admission and Records office to changes data in your applicant record.
What if I accidentally applied to something I’m not qualified for? (ex. Didn’t notice the community service requirements.)
It’s okay. There is a committee of reviewers who look over each application to determine who is best qualified for each scholarship.
- When is the latest I can apply?
The application period is January 23 until midnight of March 1.
How long until I find out if I won or not? Will I be notified if I’m not awarded anything?
Either way, you will receive an email from our office in May. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to click on a link within your email asking you to officially “accept” your award.
- Who is reviewing my applications?
The review committee is comprised of SCC faculty and staff who are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the scholarship awarding process.
- Can I apply if I won awards last year?
Yes. We encourage everyone to apply even if they were awarded last year.
- I didn’t finish an application on time, will it still be submitted?
No. Please make sure if submit all applications by midnight of March 1.
- Can I still apply if I’m a part time student?
Yes, as long as you are currently enrolled in 6 units at SCC.
- Do I need a certain GPA to qualify?
No. Many of the scholarships are not based on GPA.