Commercial and Magazine Photography Contacts
The Commercial and Magazine Photography certificate prepares students for careers in a wide range of commercial photography applications including editorial (magazine), product, food, and studio photography. This concentration develops a broad set of skills that can be applied to a broad range of career fields.
Students will use strobe equipment to learn lighting techniques, work with professionals in the field, and design their own portfolios. Business strategies, self promotion, and work-flow methods will also be covered.
Studio assistant, studio photographer, freelance photographer, editorial photographer, lab manager
Recommended High School Preparation
Students should take courses in art, English, journalism, basic photography and graphic arts.
In addition to the normal student expenses (for textbooks, personal equipment, and supplies) digital print materials fees may be required. These fees may vary each semester. If these fees create a financial burden, students should consult the Financial Aid Office for possible assistance.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate advanced camera functions and techniques associated with their use.
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current computer software and digital imaging skills as they apply to photography.
- execute a wide range of technical and creative lighting solutions.
- develop and expand a personal style with pre-visualization conceptualization skills.
- apply shooting production skills in both the studio and on location.
- develop a small business plan and organizational structure.
- develop a marketing plan, materials, and support process.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grade of “C” or better or equivalent.