Formerly College Strategic Planning Committee (CSPC)—Name Changed to College Council—Approved in September 2018.
In Spring 2018, general consensus was reached to rename, restructure, and expand the committee formerly known as the College Strategic Planning Committee (CSPC). On September 17, 2018, the Executive Council officially approved the restructure, expansion, and renaming of the committee to the College Council.
The College Council will meet once per month, and members will make recommendations to the Executive Council and the President’s Cabinet. The membership and charge of the College Council will be reviewed annually and can be changed by a vote of the Executive Council.
- Lead college strategic planning and conduct an annual review of the college’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals.
- Review college data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Set college goals/targets as required by the Accrediting Commission of Community Colleges (ACCJC) and/or the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO).
- Review college decision-making processes and structures, and recommend actions to improve communication and governance.
- Discuss related items referred to the College Council by the President’s Cabinet, Executive Council, or other decision-making body, and make recommendations to the referring group.
- Provide support for, and enhance communication about, the College’s Guided Pathways and Equity work.
More information about the College Council, including membership, agendas, and minutes, can be found on the President’s website.