CWT, LRCEA, Sabbatical, LRCFT
The professional development opportunities available for Los Rios vary depending on the employee’s collective bargaining unit or association affiliation. Please see the LRCCD Human Resources Informational Flyer #9 for charts and to review the collective bargaining agreements and/or district policies and regulations for additional information.
Conference, workshop, and travel (CWT) funds are available yet limited.
Please read the CWT guidelines (found in Travel Forms & Guidelines below) then complete and submit all necessary forms to the Staff Resource Center.
Travel Forms & Guidelines
- Travel Authorization/reimbursement Claim Form – Available at Division Offices
(Complete and Submit for all travel outside of district boundaries)
- SCC Staff Development Program CWT Fund Application
(Save, Complete, and Submit only when requesting CWT or LRCEA PD funding)
- Travel Justification Memorandum/Authorization Exclusion Form
(Save, Complete, and Submit for all travel outside of district boundaries)
- SCC Staff Resource Center CWT After Activity Report
(Complete and Submit – after travel for which CWT or LRCEA PD funding was used)
Instructions and Information
Updates & Changes
2019 Mileage Rate Memo is $0.580 (58.0¢) as of January 1, 2019.
Changes to our travel authorization procedures are being implemented immediately. The most notable change to Regulations eliminates reimbursements for meals and incidental expenses for non-overnight travel and travel within the District boundaries. For more details please review the Interim Guidelines for Travel Reimbursement memo. Questions should be directed to the SCC Business Services Office.
Other Funding Sources
LRCEA Staff Development Opportunities
Los Rios Classified Employees Association (LRCEA), formed in 1977, is the exclusive bargaining representative (Union) of the White Collar bargaining unit for Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD). The White Collar Bargaining Unit consists of all employees in position classifications as listed in Appendix C of the LRCEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
LRCCD provides funds for LRCEA Classified Staff development activities. SCC Classified Staff may apply for funding by completing the Conference, Workshop, and Travel (CWT) process as described above.
- Available to support conference, workshop, and travel for non-mandatory staff training up to $1000 annually
- Administered by an SCC subcommittee of LRCEA
- May be submitted on an ongoing basis
Other Classified Staff Development resources include:
- Reimbursement of tuition and book expenses after successful completion of course(s) taken at LRCCD schools – limit of $800 per Los Rios fiscal year. Contact Kristie Michael in the Administrative Services office for details.
- Reimbursement of non-LRCCD college tuition based on grade of “C” or better for classes approved by supervisor and related to job — Max $800 in Los Rios fiscal year up to $1600 total. Contact Kristie Michael in the Administrative Services office for details.
- A staff development leave program
For details on these resources, please view the LRCEA Contract.
For additional LRCEA information, please go to the LRCEA website.
Professional Development (Sabbatical) Leaves provide faculty members release from regular duties to enable them to respond to changing educational conditions and student needs. These leaves allow time for faculty to engage in studies, projects, or other beneficial activities which do not fall within their regular responsibilities.
Detailed information on Professional Development (Sabbatical) Leave Type A, B and C can be found on the Instructional Services Professional Standards website.
- General Instructions to Development Leave Recipients
- LRCCD Sabbatical Professional Development Leave Application
- Professional Development Application Instructions
Rodda Hall North, RHN 257, 3835 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822
Several advisory bargaining units have educational benefits. Please review the contracts for available professional development opportunities.
For information, visit the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) website at www.LRCFT.org