There are 35 computers, 2 printers and 5 photocopiers available for student use on the 2nd floor of the library. Here’s what you need to know about using these computers.
Two Express Computers are available for quick tasks, such as printing a document or resetting a password. There is a 15-minute time limit.
Waiting for Computers
- If you see an unoccupied computer and there is no line, you may sit down and sign in to use this station.
- If there are no available computers, please wait in line at the Research Help Desk.
Sign in with your W-ID (e.g. W1234567) and your password, the same way you log in to eServices, Canvas and Los Rios Gmail.
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IBM SPSS 23
Note: If you need specialized software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite), please check with other computer labs on campus.
Two computers are reserved at all times for students with disabilities. These computers have assistive software (Kurzweil, etc.). Training for the programs is available through DSPS.
Cost and Payment
- Black-and-white printing: $0.10/page
- Color printing: $0.60/page in the Academic Computing lab on the first floor
Pay in cash or with your Student Access Card. You can get change for up to $20 at the Circulation Desk. For bills over $20, go to the Business Office in Rodda Hall North.
Sending to the Printer
- If you are using a library computer, click “Print” on your document and a print job will show on the printer pay station with your Student ID number.
- To print from your own laptop or other device, or from outside the library:
There are five photocopiers on the second floor. Copiers accept $1 or $5 only or coins (no pennies). You can also pay with your Student Access card. Follow the instructions posted by the photocopiers including making two-sided (duplex) copies and adjusting copy size.
Note: Many of the materials held in the Library are protected by copyright. When making copies, you must observe copyright law as defined by Title 17, U.S. Code. The Library does not supervise the use of photocopiers and scanners on its premises.
Photocopiers #3 and #5 allow scanning to a USB drive. Instructions for this process are available at the copiers. A scanner connected to a computer is available for use in the Academic Computing lab on the first floor.
Access to the LRCCD wireless network is available to students, faculty and staff only.
Steps to connect to the LRCCD WiFi:
- Open your Network and Sharing Center (PC) or Network Preferences (Mac) to view available WiFi Networks. Click LRCCD.
- You will be prompted to enter your Los Rios-issued Username (W-ID) and password.
- Next, you will be prompted to accept the certificate on your device.
The Los Rios Community College District offers the wireless network to students, faculty, and staff. Please adhere to all District policies related to computer use when utilizing this service. The policies and regulations are outlined in section 7800. More information can be found at 7800 Instructional Computer Use.
Student Tech Support Desk
Need help connecting to Wi-Fi, printing, or navigating your eLearning?
The Student Tech Support Desk is an on-campus support service for current students that provides technological assistance with distance education tools and software.