These degrees give you priority admission consideration to the CSU system.
California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing to one of the California State Universities. Also, students are given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. However, this degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system.
Students who have been awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are able to complete their remaining requirements for the baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) student completion requirements (as stated in SB1440 law):
- Completion of a minimum of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- (A) The California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
- (B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a “C” or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Sacramento City College's AA-T/AS-T degrees
- Administration of Justice, AS-T
- Anthropology, AA-T
- Art History, AA-T
- Biology (Effective 2017-2018), AS-T
- Business Administration, AS-T
- Child & Adolescent Development (Effective 2017-2018), AA-T
- Communication Studies, AA-T
- Early Childhood Education, AA-T
- Economics (Effective 2017-2018), AA-T
- English, AA-T
- Geography, AA-T
- Geology, AS-T
- History, AA-T
- Journalism, AA-T
- Kinesiology, AA-T
- Mathematics, AS-T
- Music, AA-T
- Nutrition & Dietetics (Effective 2017-2018), AS-T
- Philosophy, AA-T
- Political Science, AA-T
- Psychology, AA-T
- Sociology, AA-T
- Spanish, AA-T
- Studio Arts, AA-T
- Theatre Arts, AA-T