The UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (UCLA TAP) gives you the opportunity to enhance your ability to transfer to UCLA from Sacramento City College (SCC).
Students are certified after completing the honors/scholars program at SCC and given priority consideration for admission to UCLA College of Letters and Science.
- Participating in the TAP program increases your chances of admission from 30% (roughly) to 90% (roughly).
- SCC offers a series of necessary courses to transfer, including General Education requirements and preparatory courses for majors through the Honors Program.
- Designated faculty and counselors at SCC to help students plan academic programs that meet major and general education requirements and honors/scholars certification.
- UCLA TAP provides meaningful linkages with UCLA such as on-campus informational meetings and tours, library privileges, and opportunities to attend selected UCLA cultural and athletic events.
In order for a student to qualify for this program the following criteria must be met:
- Student must complete 15 units or 5 Honors Courses
- Complete UC transferable courses with a 3.2 UC-transferable GPA
- Apply to the university with a major following under the College of Letters and Science
- Meet with the Transfer Center Coordinator