The open computer lab is located in room WSC 317 on the third floor of the building. Currently-enrolled students are welcome to use the lab during the open lab hours.
Note: The hours are subject to change.
Open Computer Lab Rules - WSC 317
Welcome to the Sacramento City College West Sacramento Center Computer Lab. The lab contains 12 computers, 1 ADA Workstation and one LaserJet printer (GoPrint). The lab provides electronic resources to support your educational success. Help us keep the lab clean, comfortable and efficient for everyone.
Lab Rules & Procedures
- Sign in (& out when leaving) using OnTrack computer
- Logoff or restart computer after using internet or D2L
- Save files on your flash drive
- Take phone calls outside the lab
- Speak softly, respect the study environment
- Respect the rights of others – property and personal space
- Report computer problems to lab personnel
- Close programs, return to Windows desktop, close CD
Please Do Not:
- Bring food or drink into the lab (bottled water ok)
This lab is for student use. The lab will be closed on all school holidays as published by SCC. Please check the posted schedules for “open lab” times. Notebook computers are also available for check-out at the Learning Resource Center (Room 322).
Note: Access to the campus WiFi network (LRCCD) with Student ID and password authentication is available throughout the building.
All printing will cost $.10 per page. In order to print, each student should have sufficient funds loaded onto his/her Student ID Card or generic GoPrint Card. Funds can be added at the Cash/Card Dispenser in E-Services on the first floor or at the copy machine on the 3rd floor.
To print, go to:
- Enter your e-mail and upload your document.
- Enter your 6-digit release code at one of our GoPrint stations.
- Pay and print your job.
Attach a supported file and E-mail attachment to:
- Your release code will be e-mailed to you.
- Enter your 6-digit release code at on of our Goprint stations.
- Pay and print your job.
Detailed instructions at:
Personal Items, Files
These are public computers; remember to log off after using D2L, e-mail, or the internet. If you need to retain certain files for homework in other classes, please save them on a personal USB flash drive. Any files/documents left on the desktop or in My Documents will be erased when the computer is re-booted. It is your responsibility to monitor your personal property. Any personal items left in the lab (flash drives, CD’s, books, etc.) will be placed in the Lost and Found; located at the front counter on the first floor.
If you have any questions about the Open Computer Lab, please come by the front desk on the first floor or call 916-375-5511 or contact the Instructional Assistant, Mr. Hunter (Room 211).
Have a great semester!