Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
All students MUST satisfy the following four requirements (1, 2, 3, 4) to earn an Associate in Arts/Science degree:
- Complete a minimum of 60 degree applicable units with a grade point average of 2.0 (“C” average). A minimum of 12 units must be completed at Sacramento City College.
- Complete each required course with a grade of “C” or better for a “MAJOR” offered at Sacramento City College (see catalog for the list of majors).
- Complete all general education requirements, Areas I, II (a & b), III (a & b, or c), IV, V (a & b), and VI.
- Complete all three (3) Competency Requirements (reading, writing, and mathematics).
EXCEPTION: Students who possess a baccalaureate or higher degree completed at a college or university accredited through a CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation) recognized Regional Accrediting Agency will have satisfied general education and competency requirements for the AA or AS degree. Degrees from accredited institutions outside of the United States will be evaluated on a individual basis.
NOTE: Incomplete petitions will not be accepted
In order to receive a degree, all requirements of that degree must have been met by the end of the term in which you petition. It is highly recommended that you meet with a counselor prior to submitting your graduation petition to ensure that you have met all the requirements for graduation.
* Denotes that an answer is required in this field.