Professor: Debra Crumpton
Assistant Professor: Reginald Jean-Gilles
Professor: Brian Mom
Professor: Dyan Pease
This degree is designed to provide a strong foundation for students entering a variety of business fields in the private and public sectors. It includes coursework that is essential for entry-level positions and enhances the knowledge base of students who are seeking career progression.
Students should work closely with their Sacramento City College counselors to ensure this is the appropriate degree for their educational goals.
Career opportunities in business include, but are not limited to: account executive, analyst, bank employee, buyer, clerk, data-entry clerk, data-entry specialist, entrepreneur, government service, insurance representative, manager, marketing, marketing research, office assistant, public administration, purchasing agent, retail/industrial sales.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- explain the major functional areas of business organizations including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- demonstrate leadership skills and abilities that are effective in managing a multicultural workforce.
- analyze practical business problems and utilize critical thinking and research skills in the evaluation of alternative solutions.
- apply accounting concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.
- integrate management principles related to finance, personnel, products, services, and information.
- incorporate effective verbal and written communication skills in various business settings.
- utilize commonly used computer application programs to compose relevant business documents.
Associate in Science Degree
The Business, General Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.