On Campus Student Jobs

Working on campus is a great way for students to earn income while attending school!

Visit the Career Center or go online today to view available on-campus employment opportunities. To apply for most positions, you will need to submit a typed Student Application. Staff will inform you if a different application is required, as some departments have their own versions.

There are two types of on-campus student jobs. The only difference between the two is how a Student Assistant actually gets paid. See below for more information.

Federal Work Study


Federal Work-Study is a need-based program. A Work-Study option will be offered as financial aid to eligible students who submit a FAFSA application. Students must apply for part-time jobs and may earn up to the amount of the Work-Study award they accept.  As with regular student help jobs, there is no employment guarantee since jobs are competitive but preparation pays off! Staff at the Career Center are available to assist you.

FAQs about Federal Work-Study

Student Help

(Non-Federal Work Study)

Student Help allows students to work on campus without qualifying for FAFSA. The department typically pays students out of their own budget. There is no employment guarantee – jobs are competitive. It is a good idea to create  or update your resume and begin the job search early in the semester. Staff members at the Career Center are available to assist with resume writing and job search techniques.