at Sacramento City College
The mission of the Sacramento City College Child Development Center is two-fold:
- The Child Development Center is designed to serve current student-parents enrolled in Sacramento City College courses.
- The Child Development Center serves as a learning laboratory for Sacramento City College students who are studying Child Development and Early Childhood Education.
Our goal is to provide a model program for the children’s participation and to model an ideal program for Sacramento City College student’s observation and facilitation.
Child Development Center Hours
Semester Preschool Hours
and Friday: 7:00am-4:30pm
These hours are scheduled to meet the needs of both children and parents. The Child Development Center programs observe all college holidays.
Child Development Center Contacts
- Enriching care is provided for preschoolers (3-5 years old).
- Programs are available for Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Options are provided for full or partial day programs.
- Reduced fees are available for qualifying families.
Please pick-up a registration packet at the front desk Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. An ongoing interest/waiting list is maintained at the Child Development Center for each age group.
It is the policy of the Los Rios Community College District to implement policies to guarantee that no qualified student or prospective student or any person having an educational relationship with the District shall be discriminated against or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs on the grounds of ethnic group identification, religion, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, nor shall any students be discriminated against for conversing in a language other than English. However, students shall be required to speak English when the use of English is necessary for educational or communication purposes.
The Sacramento City College Child Development Center is funded through grants from the State Department of Education. Families whose children are enrolled at the Child Development Center must meet the conditions of these grants. Eligibility for Child Development Center parents is based on income. (Priority is given to those families with the lowest income.) Children are admitted to the Child Development Center once the administration has determined that the family meets the eligibility requirements and the Child Development Center meets the child’s individual needs.