User Interface and Web Design Contacts
This program provides a foundation of Web, user interface and user experience design, and development skills for students interested in careers as user interface designers for Web and mobile applications. The students completing this program will acquire tangible skills needed for planning, creating developing, and maintaining websites and user interfaces for small to medium businesses. Students will be presented with various Web technologies, processes, and techniques, which will provide well-rounded skills for increasing their employment and freelancing potential.
User Interface and
Web Design Career Opportunities
Career Opportunities include employment at Web design studios, graphic design studios, in-house design teams, or self-employment.
Upon completion of this program,
the student will be able to:
- employ the applications, languages, and processes necessary for publishing interactive, standards compliant, accessible websites and user interfaces.
- understand and utilize graphic design principles and how to apply them to meet the needs of a user interface project.
- design and develop websites individually and as a member of a team demonstrating effective information architecture, content, user interface, and navigation.
- manage a design project and utilize the communication skills necessary to function productively in interdisciplinary teams and organizational structures.
- use of an industry-standard content management system to develop and maintain a user-centered, responsive website.
- communicate the ethical and legal issues associated with creating websites.
- create a web-based portfolio of work and apply professional strategies to develop a successful career in user interface design, gain freelance clients, and manage projects.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.
CISW 306 Introduction to Web Page Creation and Web Accessibility
CISW 327 Introduction to Web Development coding HTML and CSS
DDSN 301 Graphic Design I
or DDSN 311 Digital Layout I
DDSN 331 Digital Imaging I
DDSN 360 User Interface Design
DDSN 361 Web Design I
DDSN 362 Web Design II
DDSN 390 Professional Practice and Portfolio
DDSN 391 Design Studio I
Total Units: 27