What Type of Student Are You?

A Current SCC Student

You are considered a continuing (or current) student if you were enrolled in classes at a Los Rios college during the most recent semester.

To make your appointment more productive, please ensure you have completed the following requirements and have the appropriate documents needed prior to making an appointment:

  • Complete your supplemental enrollment form in eServices.
  • If you have transcripts from another college(s) outside of Los Rios and they are not on file with SCC, then submit official transcripts to Admissions & Records.
  • Select the Counseling - Outside Transcripts reason code.

A First Time College Student

A New Student Transferring from another College

Students who have attended another college outside of Los Rios Community College District (American River College, Sacramento City College, Consumnes River College, Folsom Lake College), must do the following prior to scheduling an appointment with a counselor:

I'm Returning to Los Rios after a Break

Students who have previously attended a Los Rios College, but did not attend the previous semester, must do the following before scheduling an appointment with a counselor:

International Students

Students who have an F-1 Student Visa, please the International Student Center.


  • To schedule an appointment with a counselor, select Veteran as the reason code.

If you are using Veterans Benefits and would like more information visit our Veterans Services