The SCC Makerspace serves as a hub for innovation and collaboration, attracting those that wish to apply their skills in design, science, technology, arts & crafts, engineering, mathematics, medicine, physics, and more.
The SCC Makerspace is free and open to all currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff at SCC.
You’re welcome anytime to stop by, take a tour, and learn more. We feature workshops, trainings, events, and internship opportunities throughout the year.
We value equity, social justice, and inclusion to all in the true spirit of an empowering global maker movement and “maker culture.”
Our Makerspace serves as a hub for innovation and collaboration. The Makerspace has two main spaces that provide equipment and staff support for students.
Spaces and Equipment
This space is for fabrication and prototyping with a variety of materials including wood, plastics, metals, fabrics, and more. The Fabrication and Prototyping Space equipment includes:
- Universal Systems Laser Cutter
- 4’ x 8’ CNC Router
- Roland MDX-50 CNC Mill
- Vacuum Former
- Sawstop 10” Table Saw
- Vertical Band Saw
- 10” Disk Sander / Belt Sander
- Compound Miter Saw
- Variable Speed Drill Press
- Many Assorted Hand Tools
- Small Power Tools: Cordless Drills, Rotary Tools
- Jigsaw, Staple Guns, Orbital Sanders, Etc.
The Flex Space is multi-use and is intended as a teaching space, a student space to work and collaborate on projects, and a space for student organizations to meet up. Flex Space equipment includes:
- Five iMacs outfitted with the latest design software
- Roland TrueVIS large format printer / cutter
- Podcast Studio Zone
- HP LaserJet Large Format Color Laser Printer
- Heat Vinyl Transfer Fabric Press
- Chroma Key Green Screen Zone
- Form Labs Form 2 SLA 3D Printer
- 3D printers (8)
- Juki industrial Sewing Machine & Serger
- Electronics, Soldering Guns, Arduinos
There are no upcoming events at this time.