Sacramento City College is part of the Honors Transfer Council of California (HTCC). This program allows students who participate and complete the Honors Program at Sacramento City College an opportunity to receive access to various transfer agreements.
UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP)
Students who have completed SCC's Honors Program receive priority consideration for admission to UCLA through the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP). Admitted TAP students are eligible to apply for scholarships reserved for the Transfer Alliance Program.
UC Irvine Honors to Honors
UC Irvine Honors to Honors program partners with SCC's Honors Program to give nominated students special consideration when applying to UC Irvine, as well as access to merit scholarships.
How to Qualify for UCLA TAP and UC Irvine Honors to Honors
- Complete five Honors courses or 15 Honors qualified units while a student at SCC (some of those courses may be completed at another Los Rios District campus). You must begin taking Honors classes prior to the spring semester before graduation/transfer.
- Maintain a 3.2 GPA for UCLA TAP; 3.7 GPA for UCI Honors to Honors
- Apply to UCLA and UC Irvine in the Fall
- UCLA TAP: Become UCLA TAP certified by the SCC Honors Program Coordinator and Transfer Center Director during spring semester (usually before February 20) prior to transfer
- UC Irvine Honors to Honors: Become nominated for UCI Honors to Honors by SCC Honors Program Coordinator
There are many transfer advantages for SCC Honors students at other California colleges and universities. Participating colleges include:
- UC Berkeley
- CSU Fullerton
- San Diego State University
- Azuza Pacific University
- Chapman University
- La Sierra
- Loyola Marymount University
- Mills College
- Pitzer College
- Pomona College
- University of San Diego
- Whittier College
- Whitman College
About the Honors Program
Honors courses span a variety of disciplines, are university-transferable, are smaller than regular classes, and usually include a research project. Honors students have access to research conferences, honors scholarships, and an annual award banquet.
While there is not a GPA requirement, students are advised that the reading and writing requirements in an honors class are generally more rigorous than in a non-honors class. Eligibility for ENGWR 300 and 480 is suggested. Students are encouraged to discuss the expectations of an honors class with the instructor.
There is not an application to join the SCC Honors Program. Students are part of the Honors Program by virtue of being enrolled in honors classes committing to complete at least 15 honors qualified units, and participating in Honors Program activities.
Honors Program Registration Form
The Honors Program Registration Form is to certify students have completed 15 honors units. The completed registration form is submitted at the end of your Honors Program by April 1.
Students who complete five Honors courses with a 3.2 minimum GPA will receive:
- A certificate celebrating the accomplishment
- A chance to earn one of two $500 cash awards
- An “Honors Scholar” chord and notation in the program at graduation
- Qualification for the UCLA TAP and other transfer alliance programs
- Students with a 3.7 GPA qualify for the UC Irvine Honors to Honors Program
See the Honors Program Coordinator for additional benefits. Completed Honors Program Registration Form must be submitted by April 1 before transfer to receive these benefits.
Honors Program Coordinator: Paul Frank
Monday and Wednesday:
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday:
12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
Rodda Hall North, RHN 234
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822