Campus Closure Notice
During the period that SCC is completely online due to Covid-19, you can access Student Leadership & Development staff by clicking on our contact cards.
Any group of students having common interests may organize a student club under the rules established for student organizations.
Each club must have a faculty advisor and be approved by the Student Leadership and Development Office. All clubs are open to enrolled SCC students. For more information on current clubs or how to start your own, please contact the Student Leadership and Development Office.
Student Leadership and Development is where all students can get connected, by being a part of clubs, student government, events, and leadership workshops/classes.
Getting involved can help you be a part of campus life and know your actions matter.
Clubs and Events Board (CAEB) is composed of one representative from each club on campus. CAEB supports the activities of the clubs and assists in coordinating events such as Club Day and the End of Year Leadership Celebration. These activities are supported by funding from the Associated Students, and by fundraising projects.
Interested in starting or re-chartering a club at Sacramento City College?
Come by the Student Leadership and Development office in South Gym-226 to pick up a chartering packet or download it and get started!
Here’s what you’ll need to complete the chartering packet:
- A club president and treasurer who are enrolled in at least 5 units at SCC for the fall and have an SCC GPA of 2.0 or above
- At least 8 additional club members who are enrolled in at least 0.5 units at SCC
- A faculty member who can serve as your club advisor
- A club constitution signed by the club president and the club advisor
Faculty club advisors provide mentorship and assist clubs in remaining active and getting things done.
Club Advisor Responsibilities
- The primary advisor for each club must be an SCC faculty member and have authority to sign off on financial matters.
- Approve and sign off on all club facility requests; operations will contact the advisor when their key is ready for pick-up.
- Play an active role in assisting students in planning meaningful activities that are consistent with the purposes and goals of the organization.
- Attend all club activities and meetings, whether on- or off-campus.
- Confirm and monitor student academic enrollment eligibility and club membership.
- Encourage development, initiative, responsibility, and leadership.
- Promote communication with Student Leadership and Development.
- Ensure club compliance with all college and district policies and regulations.
Need to reserve a room for your club’s meetings or events?
- Pick up or download the Club Facility Request form. Come to South Gym SOG-226 and pick up a facilities request form! You can also find this form attached to the club chartering packet or linked below.
- Fill out the form and have it signed by the club president and a faculty advisor!
- Drop it off in South Gym SOG 226 or email it to LepperH@scc.losrios.edu for processing.
Student Club Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Student Leadership and Development Contact
Phone: (916) 558-2381
Student Leadership and Development Hours
Monday to Friday:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Hours may vary when classes are not in session, during the summer, and holiday periods.
Student Leadership and Development Location
South Gymnasium, SOG 226
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95822